Installing under Microsoft Vista
Issues with the installer program used on the Designing with
Microcontrollers CD prior to revison 4 may prevent installation.
- Browse the CD contents and locate the file
install.exe. This file is in the top-most folder of the
- Copy install.exe to the desktop.
- Right-mouse-click on the file icon and select Properties.
Then select the Compatibility tab.
- Check the compatibility mode box and select Windows 2000. Check to
run as administrator. The selections should look like the screen
shot above. Click OK to set the properties and dismiss the window.
- Double-click the install.exe icon to install the CD
After installation, the textbook and all the tools will be
available in the Start menu.
Even without the install, the textbook can still be read directly
from the CD